keeps burning out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

islandcustom1

Dec 9, 2009
northern ontario
LOOKING FOR HELP... I have a whitfield profile 30 free standing unit.....this is my second winter with this stove.... last year I burned 3 different types of premium soft wood with little or no problem other than alot of ash and clinkers( clean once a day)... this year I thought I would be smart and buy northern hardwood pellets by cubex co. Now for some reason my stove is contiually shutting down( burning out) the ultra gate is empty and clean.... no clinkers..... any idea's? is it the pellets or is it running too hot? I have tried every possible configuration with auger speed and blowwer speed along with damper settings.... last night my wife said it burnt all night with no problems using a bag of soft woods.... overheat or pellets themselves... can I adjust anything in order to make this stove burn the 300 bags of hardwood pellets I own?

If you are having problems with a lazy flame and the burn pot overflowing you will need to THROUGHLY clean your stove... not just the quick brushing and vacuuming but clean out the ashtraps and the areas behind the firebox... there have been many posts about techniques to clean the stove including using an electric leafblower to suck out the ash that's plugging up the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.