Kent Tile Fire Door Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impartial One

Nov 28, 2010
Southern MD
I have a Kent Tile Fire circa 1986. The door takes 2 gaskets--one for the glass and one for the metal frame glass retainer. Can anyone tell me what size gasket I need for the retainer? The manual doesn't tell you and the gasket currently on the frame is so old and worn that I can't tell what the original size might have been. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a 1986 Kent Tile Fire. It's in another location. I'll look it over in the next day or 2 and see.

Outer Gasket = 9 1/2" X 13 5/8" rectangle. 3/8 " wide.
Inner Gasket = 9" X 12 3/4" rectangle. 3/8 " wide.
Both are flat. I'd just get 96" of flat 3/8" gasket and cut to length. Apply with hi temp adhesive/gasket cement. Furnance cement may work but mine says metal to metal or metal to masonry.

Attachments

• kentdoor2.jpg
    kentdoor2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 674
Status
Not open for further replies.