Q&A Kerosene or gas stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have been heating my home with a vermont castings reliant (upstairs) and a Monitor 442 (K1) downstairs (house is 24x32 and at 2000 ft in the Catskill Mnts.) I'm looking for a stove to replace my wood burning unit that looks like my Reliant but burns K1 (if this is not possible I'll go with LP). Cost is a concern. Can you provide some guidance? PS. your site is awesome Tim

Answer:

There are some new oil burning stove that look like woodstoves. However, I do not know of any sites on the net which feature these products. One brand name is Efel....look around, youÕ¬l probably run into them.

If you decide to go with LP, that opens more possibilities....look at Jotul and others on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.