kerr tw 2000 highlander vs 100 newyorker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Feb 5, 2015
harbour grace
hi I was wondering if the 2000 highlander hold more water then the 100 newyorker , I had a 100 newyorker in but if I turn on the heat down stairs it couldn't heat the hold house, so I was looking at buying a 2000 kerr if would do the job.

How much water it holds has little to do with how much heat it will put out. That comes down to heat exchanger & burn efficiency. My new boiler only has to burn 6 hours a day to keep us warm, my old one could hardly keep up burning 24/7 and had to use the oil once in a while. New one holds less water. I think.

How much water it holds has little to do with how much heat it will put out. That comes down to heat exchanger & burn efficiency. My new boiler only has to burn 6 hours a day to keep us warm, my old one could hardly keep up burning 24/7 and had to use the oil once in a while. New one holds less water. I think.
I like to find out if will do the job to heat my house

Status
Not open for further replies.