kes squire stove model 50505

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JKC

Jan 1, 2015
ILL.
Hi,
I am going to install the KES squire stove model 50505 as a free standing stove with the flue strait up through the roof. It came with 6 inch flue. I have seen some of these installed with 8 inch pipe. Has anyone installed with a 6 inch flue? I have seen Fisher Papa Bears necked down to 6 inch I assume to help hold in the heat. I would apreceate any help.

Hi,
I am going to install the KES squire stove model 50505 as a free standing stove with the flue strait up through the roof. It came with 6 inch flue. I have seen some of these installed with 8 inch pipe. Has anyone installed with a 6 inch flue? I have seen Fisher Papa Bears necked down to 6 inch I assume to help hold in the heat. I would apreceate any help.
Papa bears are 6".

What size outlet does the stove have?

Pic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpg

Sorry, it was a Grandpa Bear that was necked down. I have attached pictures of what I have.

Ok those are copies of old buck stoves. It will probably run ok on 6". Does it have legs. Most of those were inserts but I think there was a leg option to use them as freestanding. I would go with 6" anyway so it will work with a modern stove when you get sick of that one. They are very primative stoves and the damper mechanism is a pain

This is going to be a barn stove I am going to use on the weekend. I would like to use it in the fireplace mode sometimes with a screen. Will the 6 inch flue support that?

This is going to be a barn stove I am going to use on the weekend. I would like to use it in the fireplace mode sometimes with a screen. Will the 6 inch flue support that?
Probably not