Key West travel advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are complaining about an extra 2 days in Key West?

SolarAndWood said:

I doubt they were free, trouble free and did not screw up some things back home.

Sounds like a 2 day lay over in Indy! lol

CTwoodburner said:
SolarAndWood said:

I doubt they were free, trouble free and did not screw up some things back home.

MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM!!!!
The first 10-12 hrs were spent at the airport waiting on 4 flights that were all overbooked to begin with by 4-6 people and they had to boot more off due to some cockamamie weight restriction due to heat. It was a total crock. In the process of writing a thankyou/phaqyou letter and email now.

curiousLEE said:
CTwoodburner said:
SolarAndWood said:

MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM!!!!
The first 10-12 hrs were spent at the airport waiting on 4 flights that were all overbooked to begin with by 4-6 people and they had to boot more off due to some cockamamie weight restriction due to heat. It was a total crock. In the process of writing a thankyou/phaqyou letter and email now.

Now tell us some of the fun stuff with pic's please!

Us in da keys in Thanksgiving- went to escape the inlaws. Never made it to Key West- got half way down and hit some of the best beaches in the US.

Today's our anniversary- how'd a guy like me get a gal like this??
11453_1212509764913_1593856002_517030_885374_n.jpg

11453_1212509644910_1593856002_517027_1183902_n.jpg

That restaurant was good- key lime pie wasn't bad there

AP, ya gotta smile a bit more :)

"how’d a guy like me get a gal like this??"
Looks like you didn't--she took off on you within one pic!!!

S

smokinjay said:
curiousLEE said:
CTwoodburner said:
SolarAndWood said:

MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM!!!!

Pics are on the wifes camera and shes still in Key West for another 2 weeks.
Not really much to do there unless you like laying on the beach. I wanted to try snorkeling but I didn't have the time. Went on a dinner cruise that was a farce. Menu was chicken, steak, or shrimp dinner but ended up being a buffet with the featured item in the buffet being pulled pork. It was good but a far cry from steak dinner. We only went off shore maybe 300 yds and drifted. A far cry from a "cruise". Spent an evening at "The Keys Piano Bar" listening to the wife sing. Thats always a treat in itself. Rode bike around the whole island checking out the sights and had alot of fun on the cheap. The Cuban food down there will blow your mind. Theres a little restaraunt called Sandys Cafe at the corner of White and Truman that makes a MASSIVELEE HUGE cuban sandwich and fries for $7 that will blow your mind!
Will post pics when she gets home.

curiousLEE said:
and shes still in Key West for another 2 weeks.

There is a sign of a very strong marriage.

curiousLEE said:
smokinjay said:
curiousLEE said:
CTwoodburner said:
SolarAndWood said:

MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM!!!!

Pics are on the wifes camera and shes still in Key West for another 2 weeks.
Not really much to do there unless you like laying on the beach. I wanted to try snorkeling but I didn't have the time. Went on a dinner cruise that was a farce. Menu was chicken, steak, or shrimp dinner but ended up being a buffet with the featured item in the buffet being pulled pork. It was good but a far cry from steak dinner. We only went off shore maybe 300 yds and drifted. A far cry from a "cruise". Spent an evening at "The Keys Piano Bar" listening to the wife sing. Thats always a treat in itself. Rode bike around the whole island checking out the sights and had alot of fun on the cheap. The Cuban food down there will blow your mind. Theres a little restaraunt called Sandys Cafe at the corner of White and Truman that makes a MASSIVELEE HUGE cuban sandwich and fries for $7 that will blow your mind!
Will post pics when she gets home.

You know the drill pic's or it didnt happen! lol

Adios Pantalones said:
Oh- I'm making an odd face because I'm stretching out my little T Rex arms to take this picture.

"I have this BEEEG HEAD and tiny little arms"

thinkxingu said:
"how’d a guy like me get a gal like this??"
Looks like you didn't--she took off on you within one pic!!!

S

Lol- she was taking that second pic. Come to think of it- she was talking to that local guy quite a while when she took it... :)

SolarAndWood said:
curiousLEE said:
and shes still in Key West for another 2 weeks.

There is a sign of a very strong marriage.

She is in the entertainment biz so I have to deal with it. Eye knew that was part of the program when eye signed up. Plus she makes phat coinage.
It gives me heathen time for MAN stuff that she don't like to do. So actuaLEE eye have the best of both worlds.
Wood eye rather have her home more ? Yep, no doubt.

Why should she take off with some lounge lizard when she had Paul LEE Bunyan waiting at home?

Key West? Those keys are all too small for my liking. And....as you found out the hard way, it's a trip getting there and back. I think it was actually easier when they had the railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.