Keystone first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
I'll post some pics and the long 2 year story tomorrow, but I just passed my inspection this morning. I fired up a few handfuls of kindling and 3 2 inch wide micro splits.

Got the stove up to 180 degrees on the top of the stone.

First impressions.... with fire
The air control makes a huge difference. My vista lever doesn't seem to do much of anything unless it is full on off or in the middle. With the Keystone, every little setting changes the intensity of the fire.
The little fire died out 3 hours ago and the stove top is currently at 150. I'm really shocked it has held that little amount of heat this long.

I'm a little overly excited about getting two more small fires in and then engaging the cat!

Congrats and enjoy that stove - lots of folks just love those stoves and I'm sure it will treat you well. Break her in well! Cheers!

Congrats. There are a few other Keystone burners here, keep us updated on how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.