Keystone pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Does anybody use Keystone pellets? They have a picture of a woody woodpecker-like image on front...white bag.
I was prompted by my dealer to try since I moved away from the INstant-Heat pellet plant...these are supposed to be superior product....but I am getting alot of dark creosote on my window and they wont burn properly on turbo mode or above 5 on my Harman PP38+ manual ignition stove....
Last night my stove over fired and i got a fire in the box...dark, hard creosote in my stove and vent pipe...I think my esp probe was damaged s the stove WILL NOT turn on at all..no blower or feed power.

joe t

Does anybody use Keystone pellets? They have a picture of a woody woodpecker-like image on front...white bag.
I was prompted by my dealer to try since I moved away from the INstant-Heat pellet plant...these are supposed to be superior product....but I am getting alot of dark creosote on my window and they wont burn properly on turbo mode or above 5 on my Harman PP38+ manual ignition stove....
Last night my stove over fired and i got a fire in the box...dark, hard creosote in my stove and vent pipe...I think my esp probe was damaged s the stove WILL NOT turn on at all..no blower or feed power.

joe t

Sounds like more of a stove issue than a pellet issue. Harman's will eat any pellet .

Status
Not open for further replies.