Kids say the darndest things....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
Had the middle daughter and the two grand daughters over to the cabin this past weekend. My other half rode with them so we didn't have to send out a search and recovery party. My other half explained one of the conversations that was had on the way over, during the figity two hour ride.

The 4 yr old asks her mommy "Mommy, is it ok if I use the word "dam" as in "beaver dam?".
Mommy - "Why sure it is. That is an appropriate use of the word"
4 yr old - "Oh, Okay"
4 yr old turns to the 6 yr old and proclaims " MACY, leave the BEAVER DAM DOOR ALONE"

After the laughter subsided, my other half looks to their mommy and says "You have to admit, it was beaver dam funny".

Kids say the darndest things.

My six year old's favorite dog is a shih tzu. Only because she thinks it's a hoot to say 'sh!t-zooo'. Actually it's 'sh!t (long pause, giggle) zooo'.

Reactions: fox9988
My 5 year old hears the word sex on tv and starts singin "Im sexy and i know it"
Not sure how ill explain what erectile dysfuntion is.

Be thankful they don't run the "That no so fresh feeling." commercials anymore. >>

in my fav movie, Auntie Mame, right in the begining, she is hosting a party shortly after taking charge of her nephew. He starts to ask her about words that are being said in conversations duirng the party....she instructs him to write down all the words, and they can discuss them after the party. Almost everything he writes down would lead to an uncomfortable discussion, so she uses the power of distraction to end the conversation. That there be a funny story Jags. I remember, when I was 9ish, asking my friend is HE was a lesbian, he asked his mom....she said No, he wasn't. I guess he was not a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.