1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Killin' the chill with the NZ3000......

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ScotO, May 6, 2013.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Yes, I wished I had done it too. But, I'm no pro by any means. HOWEVER, I kinda like how the stone goes 'down into' the floor, so to speak. It kinda makes the hearth look as it was built into the foundation, long before the floor was put it.....

So in the end, it'll all work out.
    Blue2ndaries likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    id be very happy spending a few hours in front of that with some beers...haha......looks fantastic
    ScotO likes this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    It's beautiful Scott.

Speaking of fires, there is a cold front headed this way and next week there may be many who build another fire. That cooler air is supposed to be here starting Friday so those out east will see it maybe over the weekend or early next week.
  4. Byrond

Byrond New Member

Loc:
    Pumpkintown SC
    IMG00046-20101225-1416.jpg IMG00045-20101225-1416.jpg IMG_20130507_191131.jpg
    ScotO likes this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Byron, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!! Everything just how I like it.....hand hewn timbers, hand-laid stone fireplace, simply awesome! With the snow falling, those pics would make great Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing those pics.

The flooring I just put down in my hearth room is all reclaimed floor from an 1830's log farmhouse!

2013-05-05_22-14-36_519.jpg
    Blue2ndaries likes this.
  6. Byrond

Byrond New Member

Loc:
    Pumpkintown SC

Sweet looking living room. That whole room is beeeutiful. My father had this house disassembled and moved here in 1973. A lot of the floors couldn't be saved so he made cabinets out of them The ones in the living room are original heart pine but when the baby came we put down carpet over them for the time being. The house was neglected after he died so as soon as we settle this litigation with my brother and sister and the trustee aka my grandfather(446000 dollars missing) we are going to replce a few timbers. I have also replaced a few of the windows. we have 19 acres here so the wife wants to build and rent this place on the weekends.
    ScotO likes this.
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Well, my friend, I hope you get everything worked out. Sounds like you have a great plan there, and a very cozy home too! Welcome to the site, you already fit in like a regular around here!!
  8. Byrond

Byrond New Member

Loc:
    Pumpkintown SC
    Things always work out. I keep my heart in the right places and God handles the rest. I really enjoy this forum.Tons of info. Now that I have a modern stove (thanks to an old craft by national chimney and smoke shelf fire) its a lot more cozy.
    ScotO likes this.
  9. ScotO

ScotO Guest

It's amazing how a good stove can take a low efficiency fireplace and make it not only beautiful, but efficient AND beautiful....
    I agree with you on trusting in God, he's got a plan for us my friend.
    Locust Post likes this.
  10. bag of hammers

bag of hammers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern ON
    Scotty and Byron - awesome work and great pics. Making me wanna post some pics of the never ending project here - someday Thanks for sharing the details, very nice....
    ScotO likes this.
  11. Holiday

Holiday Member

Loc:
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Yes, thanks for sharing. Both are very nice. Makes me want to start another project lol.
    ScotO likes this.
  12. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Makes me want to finish a couple that I started.;em