Kind of a big fire going here, need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehabbingisgreen

Sep 29, 2010
Missouri
Well I had to use the firestarter gel twice because the fire went out the first time and there are a few more pellets than I'd like in the stove now from being fed during the start up. So the fire is a bit large. I'm nervous here. Is this going to go ok?

Turn the feed rate down to low, and convection fan to high.....it should clear itself up after a little while.

imacman said:
Turn the feed rate down to low, and convection fan to high.....it should clear itself up after a little while.

OK thank you. Oh boy I hope I get used to this soon! It's a little bit different than the old wood stove. Next time I know use more gel so it starts the first time.

Please put your stove model in your signature line so folks know what stove you have and can answer your questions faster.

Thanks

does your stove have an ignighter and why not use that if you sre not that familiar with pellet stoves yet? I myself in both of my stoves will put a small pile of pellets in and kight them with a propane torch that plumbers would use. fire is up and running in a minute, no other traces of combustables besides pellets in there.... seems safer then adding some sort of chemical into the stove...

yknotcarpentry said:
does your stove have an ignighter and why not use that if you sre not that familiar with pellet stoves yet? I myself in both of my stoves will put a small pile of pellets in and kight them with a propane torch that plumbers would use. fire is up and running in a minute, no other traces of combustables besides pellets in there.... seems safer then adding some sort of chemical into the stove...

His igniter is out to lunch at the moment.

Yes I wish the igniter was working but that's what happens when you buy used. You get bugs to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.