Kinda Depressing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
We've had the most amazing weather here in Central Illinois this week with daytime highs reaching the low 80's and overnight lows around 60. Who could complain, right?

While it's awesome to not even be using the stove overnight and not spending money on pellets, it's still a little depressing that we're almost done burning for the year and the fires will be out for a while.

The forecast still looks great for another week, then we take a slight dip. Maybe a few fires left for the year!!!!

I sound like such a pyro!!! ;)

Well, out here in the Pacific NW we are looking at SNOW by Sunday "AGAIN" snow this late in March is not totally unusual, but rare.

Fires will be burning here for at least another couple months.

I suspect that unless the weather really does an about face, that we will have fires of and on until June.

By May it will probably be just spot fires in the morning and or just through the night.

Can't beleive that you folks are seeing 80F weather this early. WOW

Snowy

My stove looks so sad just sitting there without a flame.

How do you old timers stand it all summer? maybe a fake flame or flashlight in the stove?

Throw open a winder and let em rip! ;)

Totally enjoying this, No run is no clean and no fuel used! I'll save it for next season!!

Sorry, cant say that I will miss burning due to good weather. If I want fire, I'll just light up some lump charcoal where the outcome is better than heat. :)

Looking forward to this weekend's 60-70 degrees to shut down for more than a 24 hr period!!

Reactions: jtakeman
I just got my stove installed 2 weeks ago. I had 1 day in the high 40's and since then its been close to 80. Go figure???

I like the Summer, but it cost me more to cool the place than it does to heat it.

Seems like we get two seasons here, the cold wet one, and the hot dry one.

Fall is the nicest time here in my opinion (NW Oregon)

Snowy

My stove looks so sad just sitting there without a flame.

How do you old timers stand it all summer? maybe a fake flame or flashlight in the stove?

Hi bbfarm

It will be over 70 Deg F here this Sunday!!

I get by with my Microprocessor Controlled Flickering Flame LED amber Light Kit that I created! See my video of it!
Wood pellet Stove ambient Light for Summer Time lighting effect? See new Video with Microproc Control

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...video-with-microproc-contro.68671/#post-68671

I just got my stove installed 2 weeks ago. I had 1 day in the high 40's and since then its been close to 80. Go figure???
We should take up a collection so you can buy a new stove more often.Motorcycle weather all year long.Just kidding,i wouldn't mind a week of winter or so

That's how I'm battling the "depression"....rode the Harley to work today!!!

I miss the Fire too.... But I love being outside in my shorts. Getting ready for Summer (cuttin grass!).

Dex, Are you sure you let the wood eater die out last night?

Yep.. Its been out for a week...... It was 76° here yesterday. I gotta get my bronze skin back (Indian in me). I get Super dark during the Summer. But by now, I look like Casper's Cousin..... LOL (imagine a smiley right here winking)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Well Bear, that can be taken one of many different ways...................

Well most of us on here are well past that point, a few from time to time might be considered as being lit even when not burning.

How's it going there in New Hampshire?

Status
Not open for further replies.