Kindling Cracker crew have had a glitch and production halted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grateful11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2014
NC
Neat story, too bad the new investment partners for the foundry are short-sighted bean counters that didn't honour the original deal. Innovation crushed and sent off-shore... Hopefully coming to Northern Tool before the end of winter==c

I wonder how durable it would be in "real world" use. One accidental miss-the-wood smack with a hammer to the cast iron rim, and it's shattered.

I wonder how durable it would be in "real world" use. One accidental miss-the-wood smack with a hammer to the cast iron rim, and it's shattered.

That's what I was thinking. As a retired Journeyman Machinist I was thinking why cast iron when I heard about this device recently. Even if it's ductile iron it would break easily with a miss hit. When I first saw it I was hoping it was cast steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.