Kindling Maul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Fox

Jan 12, 2006
I have a "Kindling Maul" that is 15 inches in total length. It looks like a miniature monster maul with a metal handle that is welded into the wedge shaped head. I have been looking everywhere for on to buy for my brother-in-law who installed a wood stove this past fall. I have looked in local stores and done some searching on the internet. Do they still make these? If so, anyone know where one can be purchased?

I use a big ol' meat cleaver... just like the one in my sig line. Works awesome, and scares the crap out of my in-laws when I come up the stairs with it in my hand and flashing my best Jack Nicholson face.

Reactions: Trooper
I use my 3 lb or so Fiskar's Pro Splitting Axe. It can also be used for large stuff, but it is light enough to use with one hand on the ax, one steadying to wood (until I swing the ax!, then I move the other hand out of the way)

Fast and easy way to make kindling,

100_0121.gif

TriTodd said:
Why not just use a hatchet? Cheap easy available effective and a multitasker.

t

Night and day like an axe and a maul...not even close...

This is my primary kindling maker as i burn most of the stuff my trees give me when I burn outside or fire up the Q. The are light enough for swinging freely in the garage and turn a split or 2 into pile of seasoned kindling in minutes.

This mini maul looks quite a bit like the little monster I have...

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=64&idproduct=200

This Estwing looks like a badass 4 lbs of splitting magic....

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=8526#

Status
Not open for further replies.