King 5010 Pellet stove in a flood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcna8841

Sep 30, 2011
Central Vermont
We had a flood and it completely covered our three year old King 5510 pellet stove. We are hoping to get it up and running again. Any suggestions on whether this is a possibility and what we have to do?

smoke show said:
dry it out completely and try it???

Yeah, what smoke show said, but do it quick, if the electrics and control board are ok, you want to have a long burn in it to totally dry it and then get some hi-temp paint in and on everything before it starts to rust. Otherwise, hope your insurance company is one of the good ones.

What they both said, dry it out and quick.

Having had experience with electronics immersed in water,
I woud open up all covers (powered off ),
get a blower (like electric leaf blower) and LIGHTLY blow all electronics (board ) for
awhile to dissipate any water.Examine boards and motors closely for wetness.
Would possibly get a hair dryer on low and blow around the
motors and boards VERY CAREFULLY . Wait a day or two and power on watching closely.
Good luck!

Electronics can be very forgiving of water - IF they had no power to them while wet. As stated, make very sure all the electrical goodies are thoroughly dry before applying power.

heat seeker said:
Electronics can be very forgiving of water - IF they had no power to them while wet. As stated, make very sure all the electrical goodies are thoroughly dry before applying power.

Another from me for drying out and firing up. When I restored old electronic radios I would soak the circuit boards in soap and water then rinse with clean water then dry thoroughly....never had a problem with one not working afterward. The key is making sure the electronics are thoroughly dry. Good Luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.