King 5100 Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parforthecourse

Jan 24, 2010
Petersburg,PA
I am sure this problem has been answered someplace but maybe you can repeat for me. My stove was reading Err-6 so I replaced the fuse and it is now running, dropping pellets etc. But, it will not ignite. Not even get warm. Getting ready to order an igniter. Just started it up a week or so ago and it had been running great. From experience is there anything else it could be before I place the order?? Stove is a little under a year old...

According to the previous owner of our house the igniter had failed on him a few times on our king 5500. When it died on me, I just started lighting with a push button propane torch..... takes about 20 seconds.

parforthecourse said:
Thanks
After work that is what I will do!!!

Just turn the stove on, I like the "3" setting for starting, throw a good handful or two into the burnpot then use the torch until you get a good amount glowing red, close the door and in a couple minutes it should be running. You don't actually have to get them burning a full flame with the torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.