KING 55002 m out again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn8518

Dec 23, 2014
nashville, I'm
Sorry it's a 5502 .. Well our stove is not running again! We have been messing with is since. The 23rd with no fix Stove goes on, runs good for about 15 min then down to smolder again. I've been on the phone with their store for 3 days now and they still haven't fixed it. The stove ran fine for a month and now is having this issue so it's not a new install. We have sealed all the pipes, torn the stove apart cleaned, blown out everything, and NOTHING. We had a suggestion of the thermo something being bad and the tech says no because the fan or something would work if that was the case,,,,,, so with ALLLL Of that, does ANYONE have ANY clues?! The house is getting pretty cold and I'm sure the 2 year old is NOT going to allow me to put another layer of clothes on him.

Last edited:
I should ass that when I crack open the door, the fire burns great. I have had the latch undone for about 20 min now and it's burning super! I'm hoping to at least get the house warmed back up a little.

Door open ! ? Latch undone ? ! Errmm ! Can you give some more details, like what door ? The front door, back door, cellar door ? :p

The door located on the front of the stove...

OOOO ! :eek: Not a good idea ! _g

This points to an air flow issue, or lack of it, I'd tear the stove down and look to see why or what is restricting the air flow. Something is not right there.

OOOO ! Not a good idea !

This points to an air flow issue, or lack of it, I'd tear the stove down and look to see why or what is restricting the air flow. Something is not right there.
We have vacuumed and blown out everything we could. Out side of that, neither of us have ever had a pellet stove before and have no clue what to even look for unfortunately. I'm about to scream at this point! I'm calling tractor supply tomorrow and having a melt down!! Ugh.

What are the settings that you are running the stove ?

Auto or manual ?

Heat range setting ?

Room Fan Setting ?

Draft Fan Setting ?

Do you have an outside air kit hooked up? If yes, it the damper on the inlet stuck?

What are the settings that you are running the stove ?

Auto or manual ?

Heat range setting ?

Room Fan Setting ?

Draft Fan Setting ?

It has always ran on the factory settings with heat range on 3 fan on 5 until now. I think last they tried we were on 3 for the heat, 5 for the fan, and changed the drafts from 100 to 125 and 300 to 325. The room fan has been on 9 pretty consistent I believe

Do you have an outside air kit hooked up? If yes, it the damper on the inlet stuck?

I don't think that this stove has a damper, air flow, it's all done via the draft fan via the control panel for this stove.

I don't have the draft kit hooked up, however the tech said to hook a pvc type pipe up to it and run a hose or pipe out the door to simulate the kit, no go. Didn't work. I have also set up a fan to blow in that direction to simulate air flow and noda.

It has always ran on the factory settings with heat range on 3 fan on 5 until now. I think last they tried we were on 3 for the heat, 5 for the fan, and changed the drafts from 100 to 125 and 300 to 325. The room fan has been on 9 pretty consistent I believe

What mode ...... Auto or manual ? via the mode button on the control panel, what light is on ?

Close the door to the stove.

With the stove running, press the mode button and put the stove into manual mode.

Set the heat to 5

Set the Room Fan to 5

Set the Draft fan to 300

See if the stove goes into smolder mode as you put it after 15 - 30 mins.

Post info / feed back here after 30 mins.

With the stove running, press the mode button and put the stove into manual mode.

Set the heat to 5

Set the Room Fan to 5

Set the Draft fan to 300

I wi

Set the heat to 5

Set the Room Fan to 5

Set the Draft fan to 300

l will have to start it back up so may take a little longer.

How do u change it to Manuel? When I hit the button it doesn't alternate from auto to Manuel.

Hmmm ! That don't sound right ! ............. off to read the manual again, back in a bit with some info.

Hmmm ! That don't sound right ! ............. off to read the manual again, back in a bit with some info.
What kind of Manuel do YOU have, mine is like a basic this is what you have kinda thing. Thank you so much for the help and effort! I have the settings in place and am waiting for the stove to fire up then I will change the room fan

What kind of Manuel do YOU have, mine is like a basic this is what you have kinda thing. Thank you so much for the help and effort! I have the settings in place and am waiting for the stove to fire up then I will change the room fan

This manual below .......

Attachments

• us 5502_Man1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,315
This is from the manual on page 14 ...

MODE
The “Mode” button is used to switch between manual and automatic mode. When in auto mode, the fans and auger will operate at preset intervals unless changed manually using the buttons mentioned above. When in manual mode, the draft fan (exhaust) will operate at full speed (100%).

During normal operation, the unit is constantly monitored for problems. In the event of an error condition, the unit will stop and an error will be displayed. See the list of error codes found at the end of this manual.

I don't see any info in the manual other than that above, this should allow you to change the mode to manual so that you can set the heat and room blower setting to what you want them to be. The draft fan will always be 100% -- not sure if this can be changed in manual mode as it does not say in the manual.

This is from the manual on page 14 ...

MODE
The “Mode” button is used to switch between manual and automatic mode. When in auto mode, the fans and auger will operate at preset intervals unless changed manually using the buttons mentioned above. When in manual mode, the draft fan (exhaust) will operate at full speed (100%).

During normal operation, the unit is constantly monitored for problems. In the event of an error condition, the unit will stop and an error will be displayed. See the list of error codes found at the end of this manual.

I don't see any info in the manual other than that above, this should allow you to change the mode to manual so that you can set the heat and room blower setting to what you want them to be. The draft fan will always be 100% -- not sure if this can be changed in manual mode as it does not say in the manual.
I'm able to change everything even in the auto mode. I've been trying to post a video but apparently I can't figure that out either. I get to the upload part put the video in but after that if just doesn't download it. It was burning good then died down again, but I'm waiting the 30 min because they said it takes a while for the draft settings to adjust.

OK, this is a long shot.

Try that mode button again, let me know if you can set it to manual mode.

Shut the stove down....

Then do the following once the stove has shut down...

AUX - USED TO RETURN THE STOVE TO THE FACTORY SETTINGS
To return the stove to it’s original factory settings, press and hold the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Note .. You might need to turn the stove back on, the manual does not say much on this.

Once you have done this, see if you can get it to go to manual mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.