KING 55002 m out again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get the stove into manual mode, we can test the stove better and see if there is a feed / draft problem.

W
Shut the stove down....

Then do the following once the stove has shut down...

AUX - USED TO RETURN THE STOVE TO THE FACTORY SETTINGS
To return the stove to it’s original factory settings, press and hold the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.

Note .. You might need to turn the stove back on, the manual does not say much on this.

Once you have done this, see if you can get it to go to manual mode.
Well apparently I have successfully filled the house with yuck and nasty smells so I have been banned from playing with the stove for the rest of the night. HOWEVER, something is going on with it because the flame keeps coming back.. It had died down and I thought was going to smolder again, but then I hear a nose like another fan or humming sound that is faint but goes on n off,,, when it does this the fire shoots. Back up!? And starts to burn again...

If you can get the stove into manual mode, we can test the stove better and see if there is a feed / draft problem.
One of the times I called in they ran a whole diagnostic deal and said all of my things were working properly...in which I replied. "then why in the HELL am I FREEZING!" ugh. I'm control sting the $3000 propane bill.

In auto mode the stove is only working to the set heat range that is set, the stove then goes into low burn mode until the thermostat that's in the stove see's that the room temp has dropped, this then kicks the stove back up and feeds more fuel to get the temp back up. In manual mode you are overriding the thermostat to make the stove burn on the set heat setting non-stop.

In auto mode the stove is only working to the set heat range that is set, the stove then goes into low burn mode until the thermostat that's in the stove see's that the room temp has dropped, this then kicks the stove back up and feeds more fuel to get the temp back up. In manual mode you are overriding the thermostat to make the stove burn on the set heat setting non-stop.
Gotcha I will try it then! I believe the room temp was set to 65-64 when we had gone threw everything

W
ell apparently you don't oush off and auto at the same time... I have no idea what that did other that reset everything, throw a bunch of flashing lights, and not let me his ANY buttons. I now have it unplugged

W
W

ell apparently you don't oush off and auto at the same time... I have no idea what that did other that reset everything, throw a bunch of flashing lights, and not let me his ANY buttons. I now have it unplugged

Okay it started up when I plugged it in,however ever at this point the only thing it will let me change is the heat range... It won't let me change the fan or anything... Pretty sure I just pissed it off and have been locked out even by the STOVE! lol damn it!

Last edited:
Well when I plugged it back in I tried running it on 3 with full auto, and it won't stay running
Shut the stove down, press the off button, wait for the stove to shut down completely.

Reply back here when the stove has shut down before you do anything else.

Don't do anything to the stove, just wait for it to turn off.

Going to do this in steps, slow steps so we can find out some info, so be patient.

OK, Press the up and down buttons together for the AUX for 3 seconds and then tell me what the results are.

Do not turn the stove on.

OK, press the mode button only, what are the results ?

OK, so the mode button is not letting you change it to manual, let the stove continue to start, wait 15 - 20 mins and try the mode button again to see if it will change to manual mode so that the manual light is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.