KING 55002 m out again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can, while the stove is in startup mode, set the heat to 5 and the room fan to 5, leave everything else alone.

Let me know if you can change these settings or not.

OK, so the mode button is not letting you change it to manual, let the stove continue to start, wait 15 - 20 mins and try the mode button again to see if it will change to manual mode so that the manual light is on.
If you can, while the stove is in startup mode, set the heat to 5 and the room fan to 5, leave everything else alone.

Let me know if you can change these settings or not.
i can change the heat range but not the room fan, that says auto

OK, I think there is a problem with the control board or that mode button. You should be able to take the stove out of auto mode, and it's not working. I don't see any other info in the manual on this.

I take it that the stove is new, if so, you need to contact US Stove and see about getting a new control board under warranty, you will need to send (email) them a copy of the receipt for the stove from Tractor Supply Co, you will also need to supply them the serial number that's on the stove.

OK, I think there is a problem with the control board or that mode button. You should be able to take the stove out of auto mode, and it's not working. I don't see any other info in the manual on this.

I take it that the stove is new, if so, you need to contact US Stove and see about getting a new control board under warranty, you will need to send (email) them a copy of the receipt for the stove from Tractor Supply Co, you will also need to supply them the serial number that's on the stove.

Ya I will be back on the phone with them tomorrow unfortunately. Thank you for all of your efforts!!

After doing some research, it is possible that the 'manual mode' is not an option for this stove, that is, the mode button does nothing for this stove, would be good if it was confirmed by US Stove or another owner of this stove.

If this is the case, beats me as to why it's not documented in the manual to this effect !

In auto mode the stove is only working to the set heat range that is set, the stove then goes into low burn mode until the thermostat that's in the stove see's that the room temp has dropped, this then kicks the stove back up and feeds more fuel to get the temp back up. In manual mode you are overriding the thermostat to make the stove burn on the set heat setting non-stop.
That's on the 5660...on the 5502 the manual and auto is about the fans. If Auto light is solid then both fans are in Auto, If it is blinking then one fan is in Auto. Manual mode is when both fan are not in Auto.
Still reading ......

Reactions: CladMaster
From the sound of it it is not getting any air. On the rear of the stove is a 2" intake pipe for fresh air. check to see if it is blocked at all. The pipe runfrom the back of the unit to just under the burnpot., maybe run a wire hanger from back to front to make sure it is all clear. Also when you call in today ask for me ...Owen. I will help you on this all the way through to the end.

From the sound of it it is not getting any air. On the rear of the stove is a 2" intake pipe for fresh air. check to see if it is blocked at all. The pipe runfrom the back of the unit to just under the burnpot., maybe run a wire hanger from back to front to make sure it is all clear. Also when you call in today ask for me ...Owen. I will help you on this all the way through to the end.
Oh my lanta THANK YOU! We have been doing this forever and nothing has worked! I talked my husband into us buying this stove and now I'm getting flack for it I have to get the kids situated then I will call!

Reactions: Owen1508
Owen is a great source of info. With his help via PM, my 5502 runs like a champ. Running lignetics I am cleaning once a month tops. Burnpot never gives me issues either. Any questions just shoot me a PM as well. I have some good tricks for keeping this model running well. I use it as my primary heat source.

Owen is a great source of info. With his help via PM, my 5502 runs like a champ. Running lignetics I am cleaning once a month tops. Burnpot never gives me issues either. Any questions just shoot me a PM as well. I have some good tricks for keeping this model running well. I use it as my primary heat source.
Super thank you so much! I know zero about these stoves and we are trying to use as primary heat source as well. It worked great for a month!

W

The stove has been off all night, do you need it running or no? I'm almost ready to head down there. I could have it started before I call you if I need to.

Thanks for jumping in on this thread Owen.

Kathryn, call US Stove and ask for Owen, he will help you get this stove working. BTW, I asked Owen if he could assist you, I sent a message to him this morning.

Best of luck.

Reactions: Owen1508
tel:800-750-2723

Kathryn, you got an update for us ?

Did Owen get your stove up and working ?

They're still on the phone...lol!

Reactions: Kathryn8518
Status
Not open for further replies.