King 5510 blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodknack

Jul 21, 2010
central Maine - Farmingdale
I just took out my room fan motor because it was starting to make a howling noise at the end of last winter. Looks to me like its the rear bearing. I think it seems to get hotter then the front one (closer to the cage) because the front one has a fan right next to it. So I pulled the bearing and starting looking on the net for one. It a "627s" and I can not seem to find one on the net. Does any one know how or where to get these bearings. Im hoping I don't have to buy a new blower! Plus if I do I fear it will do the same again. I was hoping to find a better replacement bearing. Any ideas guys?

The out side is 22mm but the inside hole looks like 6.32mm

I too looked at the skate board bearings but the inside hole is what seem different. Unless the inside on a 7mm bearing actually measures less. Or then again maybe its not metric at all? Thats why I was wondering if anybody has ever changed them before, or am the first to try this?

Now if I measure it in inches the out side it 0.865 and the inside hole is 0.249 That would tell me it is a 1/4 shaft.

I just got off the phone with a bearing company and the lady told me that sometimes companys have special bearings made up just for there application. She had nothing in those sizes. But told me I can either turn my shaft size down (which I am not going to do) or get a bearing with a bigger inside hole like 8mm and make a bushing for it. Im not sure it is really worth all the work. on the other hand a new blower motor is $120.00 and then $13 dollars to ship it and probably will do the same thing again this coming season.

Plus my ignighter went to. Which looks like another common thing. But I find the stove much easier and faster to start using gel fire starter. I have the stove up and running in a couple minutes vs 10 minutes with the ignighter. I only shut the stove down to clean it then light it back up so I could care less about the ignighter.

woodknack said:
I just got off the phone with a bearing company and the lady told me that sometimes companys have special bearings made up just for there application. She had nothing in those sizes. But told me I can either turn my shaft size down (which I am not going to do) or get a bearing with a bigger inside hole like 8mm and make a bushing for it. Im not sure it is really worth all the work. on the other hand a new blower motor is $120.00 and then $13 dollars to ship it and probably will do the same thing again this coming season.

Plus my ignighter went to. Which looks like another common thing. But I find the stove much easier and faster to start using gel fire starter. I have the stove up and running in a couple minutes vs 10 minutes with the ignighter. I only shut the stove down to clean it then light it back up so I could care less about the ignighter.

I have a king stove too, igniter is also out on mine. I use a propane torch with the push button type igniter. It only takes a few seconds to get the stove going.

blaster668 said:
woodknack said:

I have a king stove too, igniter is also out on mine. I use a propane torch with the push button type igniter. It only takes a few seconds to get the stove going.

Ill have to try that. Im not crazy about keeping a propane bottle around in the house thought. And If I have to go get it everytime I would already have it lite with the gel. It works pretty good. Put some pellets in the basket, squirt some gel on them and light. I leave the hopper door open until the pellets really start burning. then I just close the hopper door and walk off. Works great never had a problem. Even my wife can do! She is getting trained pretty good on the pellet stove. LOL

j-takeman said:
Have a look here

http://cgi.ebay.com/627N1SS-627-4-2...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308588dcf

Here are a couple of numbers I looked at for you. We see these in many motors in my day job.

627N1SS or 627-4-2RS or 627-2RS-1/4" ID NMB

The s in 627S is special ID. Sometimes its N1 or -4 in the part number. Or they just call out 1/4" ID. Much cheaper than a whole blower or even just the motor.

WOW. Thanks I think that may just be the ticket! 22m outside with the .250 inside dia. After reading about this bearing it seems really good. I wish I had the specs to the 627s that came on the motor. Then I could see if this one has better qualities or not? I ordered 2 because I'll give it a shot for under $9.00. Wish me luck!

woodknack said:
j-takeman said:
Have a look here

http://cgi.ebay.com/627N1SS-627-4-2...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308588dcf

Here are a couple of numbers I looked at for you. We see these in many motors in my day job.

627N1SS or 627-4-2RS or 627-2RS-1/4" ID NMB

The s in 627S is special ID. Sometimes its N1 or -4 in the part number. Or they just call out 1/4" ID. Much cheaper than a whole blower or even just the motor.

WOW. Thanks I think that may just be the ticket! 22m outside with the .250 inside dia. After reading about this bearing it seems really good. I wish I had the specs to the 627s that came on the motor. Then I could see if this one has better qualities or not? I ordered 2 because I'll give it a shot for under $9.00. Wish me luck!

I have replaced the 627s with 627N1SS and have seen longer run times overall.

I have replaced the 627s with 627N1SS and have seen longer run times overall.

Thanks again you are A big help! Funny the women at the bearing company didn't seem to know that! Weird. Anyways I ordered 2 So I guess while I have it apart I will replace the front one too. Thanks again!!!

Bearings should be here tomorrow. I've got the stove pipe out and cleaned and cleaned everything else. Also sealed those stupid ash pan doors. I Can't wait to put the blower motor back together and listen to it. Anyways she will be all ready for this fall. Im glad I started cleaning this earlier then I planned too! I can then make some room in my garage for the 4 or 5 tons of cubex I plan on getting soon! I think this year will be first year I was ever ready for winter this fast before! And yes I miss watching the fire and getting that nice warm heat.

I got the bearings from ebay today and they look exactly like the ones I pulled off. The new ones say 627s and even say thailand just like the old ones. I was hoping to get a different bearing all together. My fears are these are the same exact bearings that was in it! Well time will tell if the howling comes back this winter. I'll keep you guys posted.

Got the blower all back together. And all sounds great. But time will tell. It was a cheap fix thought. Only cost me $8.40 for the bearings. Thats better then $131.00 for a new blower motor. My stove and pipe is all cleaned and ready to go! I did notice that my auger pin was bent and looked like it was scraping on something. The auger may have jammed and the motor twisted the clip and the auger unjammed before anything broke. Thats my guess. I bought another clip at the local hardware store thought. and all is fine now. I don't have mt OAK hooked up and the more I read about it then more I think I should hook it up!?

Status
Not open for further replies.