King (Chinook) Salmon ***3 Kings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
6-20 Deshka River
3 Kings various sizes, 1 lb, 21 lbs, 28 lbs
Son-in-law got his 1st one the biggest one

P1000164.jpg

Very nice . . . my sister and brother-in-law catch a lot of salmon . . . that and they go out into the bay to fish for halibut, rockfish and other fish. The one time in June I visited with my sister I was amazed to see all the salmon swimming up stream to spawn . . . and the lines of combat fishing going on . . . seeing all of those huge fish tempted me, a non-fisherman, to want to try fishing just to try to hook one.

On another note, my sister and brother-in-law shot a black bear last week . . . sent me a video of the hunt even which was pretty neat . . . just wish I lived closer so I could get a taste of that meat.

bogydave said:
6-20 Deshka River
3 Kings various sizes, 1 lb, 21 lbs, 28 lbs
Son-in-law got his 1st one the biggest one

P1000164.jpg

Bogy nice fish, what are your size limits if you have any. Walleye here are 18 inches on the St.Lawrence River.

zap

Thanks
jtakeman: Caught on medium weight spinning rod/reel orange spinner.

zapny: Kings : Allowed 5 under 20"/day & 1/day over 20". Average size for this river is 20 - 30 lbs.
I had one on & my reel broke, must have been 50 lbs at least, of course the size will never be known (maybe even 65 lbs)
Great thing about "the one that got away" is the story can get embellished to around 90 lbs in a few years:)

Jags: typically I make steaks & roasts from Kings (pretty thick fillets) & smoke the sockeye & coho.

& Yep, good eating

Status
Not open for further replies.