King Kp5522 feed adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Becg13

Jan 13, 2024
Vt
Hi everyone,
We have a king kp5522- new. Overfeeding pellets, how doe we enter reset mode/ codes to adjust the feed rate?
Thanks!
Bec

I believe the Kings are the same as the USSC controllers. These are the instructions for mine.

"To adjust the operation constants, press and hold the mode and auger delay buttons simultaneously
for 3 seconds. The display will show "C-1". Use the Heat up or Heat down buttons to change the
constant number. When the desired constant is displayed, press the on button to toggle between
viewing and editing the value. While editing the parameter, use the AUX up and AUX down buttons
to adjust the value to the desired point, then press on again to return to the constant number list.
Press the off button to exit the adjust operational constant mode."

As far as what specific C variable to change on the 5522, I am not sure, but on mine it is C-2 for the lowest and C-3 for the highest. Amount is in pounds per hour.

 C- 2 - Fuel Lbs. Per Hour HR 1 (0-20.00) - This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour
for a heat range setting of 1. The default is 5.00lbs.
 C- 3 - Fuel Lbs. Per Hour HR 9 (0-20.00) - This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour
for a heat range setting of 9. The default is 13.lbs. The fuel rates used between
settings 1 and 9 are linearly interpolated between these two settings

You can look up in the USSC trouble shooting sticky. There may be a manual for your model.

My feed rates from the factory were WAY too high. It made it un-usable. Another thing is that you need to make sure everything is super clean. The burn pot, the exhaust venting etc. You need more air to burn more pellets.

I can also adjust the draft fan for more air.

 C- 6 - Draft Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) - This is the Draft fan output level for a draft
fan setting of 1. The default is 150/500.
 C- 7 - Draft Fan Level HR 9 (0-500) - This is the Draft fan output level for a draft
fan setting of 9. The default is 400/500.

Mine has 3 heat ranges. PR-1, PR-2 and PR-3. With the cold snap I have had to use PR-2 and PR-3 more and for longer periods of time.

My burn pot holes are still open, but have gotten stuff built up around them that inhibits air flow. Just this little bit makes my pot start to buildup with ash over time instead of burning clean.

You can look up in the USSC trouble shooting sticky. There may be a manual for your model.

My feed rates from the factory were WAY too high. It made it un-usable. Another thing is that you need to make sure everything is super clean. The burn pot, the exhaust venting etc. You need more air to burn more pellets.

I can also adjust the draft fan for more air.

 C- 6 - Draft Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) - This is the Draft fan output level for a draft
fan setting of 1. The default is 150/500.
 C- 7 - Draft Fan Level HR 9 (0-500) - This is the Draft fan output level for a draft
fan setting of 9. The default is 400/500.
Thank you Jeremy, the kp552 does not have a auger delay button. The heat level and feed are adjusted simultaneously with an up down button. 1-5 levels.

Thank you Jeremy, the kp552 does not have a auger delay button. The heat level and feed are adjusted simultaneously with an up down button. 1-5 levels.
There are no directions to enter the codes, or perform a reset. All is says is the feed adjusts from 2-5 based on the burn. Also we have been having to clean the burnpot alot to keep if from over filling

Okay. Had to do a search. Yours has this top mounted controls? Not sure how to adjust those. The users manual wouldn't show how to get in to the programing mode. You would need a Tech Manual for it if it is even possible. Air flow is the key to burning pellets. So making sure the exhaust, burn pot and intake are 100% clear and clean would be my first step.
K5522Control.PNG

Last edited: