King/US Stove 5502M burning issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TPease13

Dec 11, 2023
Pennsylvania
I have a 5502M and have had it for about 6 years. Never had much issues until this fall. There’s been a weak flame and has shut itself down after burning for roughly 3 days after the burn pot is so full the fire goes out. After cooling down and I open the door there are still many burning and partially burned pellets filling the entire side areas and all the ash and pellet remnants in the pot itself are hard. I thought maybe I needed to replace the door gasket as it looked to be getting rough, so I did that and it’s still doing the same thing. No idea what to do next to try to get a better burn. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not getting a good burn is an air flow issue 99% of the time.

Out of those issues probably 7 out of 10 are that the stove/intake or exhaust is dirty. Most the times the exhaust. I started using a leaf blower to clean my vent whenever I clean the stove and have not had an issues since.

Sounds like your stove needs to be cleaned from the air intake to the exhaust termination