Kirtland Pellets In Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
Has anyone had any experience with Kirtland Pellets out of Boyne City Michigan ?? They are pretty local.. price is good and delivery included...so any help would be great.. I'm buy a few bags to try them out but any input would be great !!

Anyone ?? Anyone ?? Someone ??

I can't be the only one who has tried Kirtland Pellets out of Boyne City Michigan ... ??!! If someone would tell me how they have burned for them I would appreciate it ..

Anyone ?? Anyone ?? Someone ??
A couple of years ago I checked around my area (Whitehall) and could not find a supplier. I noticed this season some suppliers carrying them. The price at $199 a ton while Pro-pellets are $179 to$189. I've burned Isabella soft pellets ($179 a ton), Pro-pellets and Somersets( $214 a ton) in past. Some years Pro-pellets are great other years not so good (heat and clinkers). Isabella's have lots of ash, fines and burn dirty. Sommerset always burn hot , very little fines and little ash.

I have burned some now and they seems to be very clean and hot. Less ash than the Propellets and as hot or hotter than Propellets. This is the first time I've burned a blend pellet. They are suppose to be 60 % Hard and 40 % Soft. So far so good..i may buy a couple tons. 200 dollars delivered to my garage.

Everyone have a great weekend ..

Status
Not open for further replies.