Kitchen Queen cookstove update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the esse we installed was not the iron heart it was their cat cook stove it was 840 lbs and it is a cooking beast not a great heater because it it meant to be cooked wit hall year long but it is a fantastic cook stove. And in Europe it has clearance to combustibles of 3/4" it is not ul listed here yet. I agree that as far a value goes the kitchen queen is probably much better but it does not compare to that esse as a cook stove and yes you can get a water tank for it as well

Back on topic again...

Thanks for the KQ update. We have been using our 380 for about 4 months total and still getting settled into using it. The more we use it the more we like it. The biggest problem for us is that it is a little over sized for our 1100sq ft home. Running it at non creosoting levels keeps the house a bit too warm so most of our experimenting has been with methods to burn clean and not overheat the house, especially with the warm weather we've had lately. We're getting there. North Idaho Energy Logs have helped a lot. They are a lot more controllable and we can get some really long burn times out of them. We use them with our regular wood to make up a good range of different temperature burns.
You just can't beat the flavor of the food that comes out of this stove.
But the biggest draw for me was how well built this stove is. I've welded a fair amount in my past and am pretty critical when it comes to a good weld job, so I can tell whoever built this stove was really good at what he did. Gave me confidence in it anyway.

I guess it a complement that the KQ is being compared to cook stoves that are 3 to 4 times more more expensive.

I guess it a complement that the KQ is being compared to cook stoves that are 3 to 4 times more more expensive.
Absolutely. These stoves are built like tanks and run like locomotives. They get compared to stoves that cost 4 times more, but still beat them out of the picture.
Those other stoves are rated for what, 60,000 btu's? The kitchen queen will easily do over 100,000 btu's. It also has a HUGE oven and an even bigger firebox. My 8 year old can fit at least 2 of himself in the firebox of our 480. I was tempted to see if I would fit, but chose against it. These stoves can run a 24 hour burn and will cook anything you want just right. A kitchen queen can warm an uninsulated house without breaking a sweat. The first night we fired ours, we had both doors open and all the windows and it was still 80 in the house. We forgot to fire it outside to cure the paint on the back. You can throttle them down to low heat on warm days or open them up and crank out some serious butt warming btu's on arctic days.

Status
Not open for further replies.