Kitchen queen water hookup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
We have a kitchen queen 480 and I would like to hook it to a 100 gallon water heater. I am wondering if I need to install a radiator on a branch loop that would open when the water tank got hot to keep the tank from boiling. The water heater is insulated and I am pretty sure it would boil.

Sounds like an overheat loop with pressure relief would be in order and maybe another hw storage tank. I'm going to link this thread to the boiler room so that you can get some advice from folks that have more experience with wood fired hot water heat. Have you contacted the mfg. to see what they advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.