Klapimaster 15

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
I am just stumbling upon the wonderful world of Nordic specialty tools for the wood lot.

First up, the Klapimaster 15! Can't get that down at the local Walmart.

Guess I should have known that they'd have some good stuff, just based on my Fiskars experience.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
They come up with some pretty ingenious tools to work up firewood. Being in the position of no old growth,small diameter wood does make it a little more practical to build purpose built rigs like your video. That size of tree makes for easy handling, but man, it would sure take a pile of them to work up 5 cords.

They come up with some pretty ingenious tools to work up firewood. Being in the position of no old growth,small diameter wood does make it a little more practical to build purpose built rigs like your video. That size of tree makes for easy handling, but man, it would sure take a pile of them to work up 5 cords.
That's a good point that I had not thought of, regarding all the wood being small and uniform. That said, I am going to figure out how to copy the chop saw half of the machine to get my splits down to n/s loading length. Asplundh sure has a knack for cutting their utility work wood just an inch or two too long for my stove!

Asplundh sure has a knack for cutting their utility work wood just an inch or two too long for my stove!
They do it on purpose.>>

Reactions: osagebow
Finally, someone has tamed the spinning screw of death into a reasonably safe setup. Years ago there were many threads on the "Stickler". It was that type of screw hooked onto a wheel hub of a jacked up car.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Finally, someone has tamed the spinning screw of death into a reasonably safe setup. Years ago there were many threads on the "Stickler". It was that type of screw hooked onto a wheel hub of a jacked up car.

There are some excellent videos available on YouTube right now, many featuring people risking life and limb to spend twice as much work as normal to split wood badly.

I cannot argue that it's not fun to watch, though. :)

I am not entirely sure the clapmaster will be a top seller in the U.S. market. (Name aside, I process tree branches that would be too big for that thing.)

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
There are some excellent videos available on YouTube right now, many featuring people risking life and limb to spend twice as much work as normal to split wood badly.

I cannot argue that it's not fun to watch, though. :)

I am not entirely sure the clapmaster will be a top seller in the U.S. market. (Name aside, I process tree branches that would be too big for that thing.)

Those are some good guns in that video. I enjoyed the name of the tool as well. I get the impression that klapi must be the Norwegian word for wood, or something. Here in the states, I use the clapmaster to turn the lights on and off so I don't have to get up off the couch. CLAP ON, CLAP OFF, the CLAPMASTER.