Knock on wood! Mild NE weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
The weather so far has been kind to my wood stack. I've used 1 1/8 cord of mixed hardwood to heat 1200 sqft. Gotta love New England weather.

Cheers to all my burning friends!

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Still February, careful not to poke the bear too hard.

NWS 90 Day forecast is warmer than average over most of US. With a heated climate there is more energy in the atmosphere and that means more swings in weather. We have lucked out in New England, there have been a couple of big storms that came over the region as rain or stayed off the coast, had it been snow we would have lots of it.

Not out of the woods yet but the future forecast does look promising. After the last couple of years it's nice, plus everyone gets a little ahead on their wood for next year. Enjoy next year could be a bad one.

90 day forecast may be for warmer than typical values but Wednesday is predicted to give me a 5 inch snowfall. There is warm and then there is warm.

Winter's not over yet, but It looks I'll burn about half the wood we burned last year. Yesterday it was 60. I let the fire burn out in the middle of the night and didn't relight all day.

We had seventies most of the week but there calling for rain and colder temps to move back in this coming week were not done with winter yet. It's just been a much easier one.

Might start a fire tonight. But it's looking good from here!

Not sure how much wood I would use in a normal winter but the stove has not been going all week. Going through a little withdrawal. Not a weather prognosticator but my gut says we have one or two more cold blasts coming at us.
I did buy a Fiskars today so while the weather is warm, I will make use of it. I have a large pile of pine that needs splitting and stacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.