Kozy Heat Woodland Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Most Wood Pellet stove installs are local heaters and heat the room it is in and possibly near by rooms. A basement install can heat the whole house if alot of items are taken into consideration. I know since I have done it.

So to heat the upper floors you must realize the basement may be hotter, so the upper floor will be warm enough.
I installed a larger 45,000 BTU stove in the center of a split entry house in the middle of the basement.
The basement is usually 75 to 80 Degrees and the upper floor is 68 to 72 degrees.

Below is what needs to be considered to accomplish this task.

1. Registers cut in floor above the stove with fan(s) built in.
2. No Insulation in ceiling above the stove.
3. A fan in the doorway that leads to the upstairs really brings the heat up.
4. A well insulated house that will keep the heat in the upstairs.
5. An OAK kit is highly recommended. (Outside Air Kit) Without the OAK, the heating performance may be very poor!

Just a few things to think about.
My install has all of the above and I do not need to use ANY OIL for heat. In fact I now prefer WOOD PELLET HEAT.
It is SO warm and Toastie !!

Good Luck
Don

Basement install pictured below is a 45,000BTU Avalon Astoria with a 115lb hopper on a lighted raised hearth and a tiled mantle with 2 candles on it!!

Attachments

• FinalPelStovePicScaled2.jpg
    FinalPelStovePicScaled2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 805
  • PelStoveWithRopeLightscale2.jpg
    PelStoveWithRopeLightscale2.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 703
Status
Not open for further replies.