1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

KT302 Blaze King New guy

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by greythorn3, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greythorn3

greythorn3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alaska
    heres a few more pictures

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      25.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lanningjw

Lanningjw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth, Minnesota
    Hey Ray,
    I think it looks like you did a real nice job! Are all your clearence ok from combustables. Can you have a stove expert come over and give it his blessing just to make sure everything is cool for safety reasons.
    Do you have a co detector in the house with some smoke detectors? That the first thing the inspedtor asked me when he was checking the PI out. He also asked about my 6 inch stainless steel liner. Its gonna work great. Jim
  3. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    ya all my clearances to combustables are beyond the minimum requirements, and i have several smoke detectors and a co detector also, i will talk to some of the local guys i know with stoves and see if they will give it a closer inspection, i cant wait to start burning the stove inside.. still gotta get a slip conector and firebricks too, then maybe i will drillstop the cracks in stove and weld them up.

Thanks for checking it out for me lanning!

Ray
  4. Lanningjw

Lanningjw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth, Minnesota
    I am not crazy about that gap in the pipe? Are you ok with it. Jim

You should start another thread with your questions rather than sticking them on this thread you'll get a better response...
  5. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    it seems every piece of this insulated chimeny by simpson duratech i have has that little gap. so i think it must be standard.. watch th e video i took, it looks allot smaller in that then it does in the still picture.

Ray
  6. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    it rained allot and i observed no roof leak! yea!! so tonight im having my first blazeking burn, its 33 outside, so im just having a small selfstarting log and real log fire.. gives off nice heat and the flue is only 250 deg so far..

Ray
  7. Frostbit

Frostbit Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Arctic Alaska
    I don't think you'll find that the sealer you used will ever get hard....its an asphalt based sealer and its not supposed to harden. They don't call it "Black Death" for nothing. Most all of the black roofing patch material is the same.

Good luck with the stove.
  8. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    heres some pics of it installed.. and my first fire indoors.. man that thing is nice.. i even made the trim ring on ceiling outa diamond plate, and the inserts too outa diamond plate on the front of the blaze king..

Ray

Attached Files:

9. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    well checked my buildup and it doesnt seem like much at all! its very thin and powdery too i touch it and it dusts off.. looks like once every 2 months checking is safe.

Ray

Attached Files:

10. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Looks lke your burning hot and clean, keep doing what your doing.
  11. greythorn3

Loc:
    Alaska
    thanks for the reassurance todd!

Ray
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.