Kuma Stoves - Any Experience?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMonter

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
Hayden, ID
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kuma Stoves on the board. I considered buying one of their stoves a while back and have a friend who runs one is his cabin. I ended up going with a Englander as the price was right, but Kuma Stove works is only about 3 miles from my house. I was thinking of stopping by there and seeing if they would be interested in joining the discussion on this board.

TMonter said:
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kuma Stoves on the board. I considered buying one of their stoves a while back and have a friend who runs one is his cabin. I ended up going with a Englander as the price was right, but Kuma Stove works is only about 3 miles from my house. I was thinking of stopping by there and seeing if they would be interested in joining the discussion on this board.

No experience with them, never heard of them in fact, but I'm sure they'd be welcome to participate, and it might even help them move a stove or three - just ask Englander! (However I'd also point them at Mike's posts as an example of how to do well, it makes him look better that he doesn't heavily push his product and says nice things about the competition when it's apropriate - IMHO this is the right way to be professional and make yourself look good.)

Gooserider

I was seriously looking at the Sequoia Insert when first researching. Its huge, and looks nice. I could not find a dealer anywhere around here.
3.9 firebox is nothing to scoff at. But in the end, the cat & no dealers around here, I went with the Summit and never looked back.
I am curious to hear of their performance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.