Kuma stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken45

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
southern Ohio
We are considering putting a wood stove or insert into our existing masonary fireplace.

The main two units I'm thinking about at this point are either the PE Summit or a Kuma Sequoia. The Kuma dealer seems better but I haven't found any reviews of Kuma here on the site nor any comments from owners on them. Likewise, their literature and website is very skimpy with virtually no details. The PE Suimmit, of course, is well represented and regarded here.

In some ways, I'd prefer to set a freestanding stove in the fireplace (it's a "see through" fireplace 38" deep) but it's only 27" high and all of the larger freestanding stoves are too high unless I cut the legs down a bit.

Comments anyone?

Thanks,

Ken

The Sequoia is a monster of a stove, very stout and heavy. But it does have an 8" flue requirement. Is a 3.9 cu ft stove really required here? I suspect the Summit with it's 6" collar will work, but don't know the size of the room or house. Also in the 3 cu ft range are the Quadrafire 5100, Jotul C550, Regency I3100, Avalon Olympic, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.