La Crete on board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I bought the Spruces instead of the Cubex.Live and learn.I won't make that mistake again.Have you tried Fireside Ultras?
I see you're sitting on 3 ton Cubex. If it makes you feel better....there are many choices out there that could have been worse.
Cubex, although not the "great pellet" that it was six or seven years ago, is still a decent pellet. But yes, compared to Spruce Pointe....they are inferior. Like you said...."Live and Learn"....and its always good to try and keep doing both of those! ==c

I tried 1 bag of fireside ultras, that was all it took for me to cross them off my list. Clinker city for me!

I liked the Northern(cubex). I thought they were good, not 285$ a ton good. Without changing any settings on the stove, I scraped the burn pot and cleaned the glass and dumped in a bag of SP. the temp jumped up 2 degrees in my house. Had to dial it down to get the downstairs back to 75.

LaCretes are my favorite pellet. I little cheaper than Okies and burn great with little ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.