La Crete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Bought 2.4 tons of these and have one ton of blazers left from last year. I have to say the la crete are burning great so far. I have gone through about three bags and they feed well and burn extremely hot. Obviously more ash than the blazer dfs but it's the light fluffy stuff so no issues there. Anyone else burning these this year. I burnt about 20 bags or so last year and forgot how much I liked them. price was right amd couldn't pass them up.

I have not burned any this year yet, I am using a few damaged bags of something else
on these raw nights, but last year it was my go to pellet, for certain.
You are right about the ash... it "looks" like more sometime at first,
but it is so light and fluffy, there is no real "weight" there...

Like 'em! ;)

Dan

Where do folks get Lacretes? I live MA/NH border
We have them in Barrington, NH.
A little far for you.
Hopefully, someone closer to your area will have an answer for you!
If you find them, try a few bags. I doubt you will be disappointed..
;)

Dan

I'd suggest running them through a pellet vacuum first, they have a LOT of fines. Burn good otherwise.

Not sure if anyone else is using this year's batch but these are burning extremely hot this year. the real feel temp north of boston is 19 degrees and it's snowing (not sticking just flurries). my living room is 75 degrees on level 2 setting out of five. just had to turn stove down to level 1 it's way to hot in here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.