1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Lack of Harman P68 Status Blinks

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jcataba, Nov 27, 2011.

1. jcataba

jcataba Member

Loc:
    Southern Tier NY
    I was wondering if anyone else is noticing what I have with the onset of a changed control board. Late last season I had to get my control board changed. At that time the tech said he would set it up to mimic the operation of the original board as I was used to hearing the stove in its various stages of running. He went about setting the dp switches accordingly. The stove has run fine ever since , however when it runs out of pellets it doesn't throw the 5 blink code like it used to. Now don't get me wrong, it is no big deal when I run out of pellets that the status light doesn't throw a code but I am kinda wondering if it will report other kinds of problems like it used to.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gabe

Gabe Member

Loc:
    Gardner ma
    I have the same problem?
    Hopefully some one will have some answers??? :bug:
  3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

i would take a look at dip switch 5.......is it on or off? If the probe wires nearest the board are red, it needs to be on, if the probe wires are black, dipswitch 5 needs to be off.
  4. exoilburner

exoilburner Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Washington State
    My PF100 is doing the same thing. Does your information apply to it too?
  5. 76brian

76brian Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Come to think of it, I have let my P43 run 'till empty several times and have never seen the 5 blink status... everything else seems to be fine though.
  6. PJPellet

PJPellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western NY
    I have been following this thread with interest. Here are my observations about my P 43. When new in February I got the blinks when the stove would run out of fuel. This morning I let it run out of fuel again and now I get no blinks. So I find this odd and wanted to post it here. If I get blinks again in the future i will post back. Not sure why sometimes it blinks and sometimes it does not.
  7. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I don't get the "5 Blink" with either of my
    Harmans when they run out of pellets.
    Never have...I just fill the hopper, turn
    the Stove/Room Temp to "OFF" for a sec
    & then reset to the normal position...
  8. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    prolly wont get 5 blinks unless you're in room temp. if it runs out in stove temp you usually wont see 5 blinks, maybe 6 blinks if there were some pellets clinging to the hopper and then worked their way in at the end of the cycle.
  9. maglite67

maglite67 New Member

Loc:
    WI
    5 blinks is failed ignition should throw if stove tried to refire.