Lack of raw material for pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
Any one elce see the program on The Discovery Channel , featuring Pellitier Logging company?

They log up Maine , any way the mills up there need lumber ,YES NEED LUMBER , and can't get it because of the weather . Not because the housing market .

buildingmaint said:
Any one elce see the program on The Discovery Channel , featuring Pellitier Logging company?

They log up Maine , any way the mills up there need lumber ,YES NEED LUMBER , and can't get it because of the weather . Not because the housing market .

Yep, I just watched it this morning(had it on DVR). I think that show was recorder last spring, So the market may have changed since then. But maybe not.

A friend of mine works for a lumber Co. He is saying the softwood he was sending to the paper mills is now going to Mills in Canada. He also said, That the lumber is being exported to Europe and China. He has been sending the hardwoods there for years.

I have been trying to get him to start a pellet mill, But He likes using the waste wood (tops, stumps and none Grade A logs) for bark mulch(colored wood chips to me), And cord wood. Easy money from wood scraps.

I used to buy my picker loads of log length cord wood off him. He always gave me a good deal.

Looking forward to more episodes of that show and Also Axe Men on the History channel. I think Axe men is on Moday at 10.00 pm.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.