Lacking motivation...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Such a mild winter, barely 3 cord through the stove since September. 13, 14, maybe 15 cord CSS, I haven't even bothered to get actual measurements.
I have at least 5 cord in rounds, laying in front of the splitter, but I can't get my butt out there to split them.
I need some motivation.
check in later- thanks in advance.

Wish I could help you, but if I had that much CSS firewood on hand I wouldn't be able to muster up any motivation for several years. Not for getting more anyway.
As for the splitting, I do enjoy splitting by hand, if it's for a bit of exercise just a few minutes a day. Maybe try that instead of making an all day job of it on the hydraulics.

Last night I spent some time on-line reading about some massive ice storms in the northeast and canada over the last 10yrs or so. Wow...some of those folks had no power for up to a month! There are some cool video's of it on youtube as well.....Motivation enough for me. :cheese:

Even when I'm motivated lately there is a foot or so of water over the road in my best cutting spot... I may not get anything hauled out untill Summmer. : (

Most years There are 10 weeks minimum of dry and or frozen ground for hauling.

This could interfere with bass season... Not good!

I think Carbon Liberator is on to something. Take your maul and go out to split 10 rounds. Repeat daily. Don't think of it as firewood processing, think of it as stress relief and exercise.

It's stress relief for me watching the hyd. ram push its way through a big split of Elm.

Being retired for six years I find the weather is my motivator. Nice days I work outside and at my own pace. Even taking it easy I'm three years ahead on firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.