Laddomat problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi all, since Brian passed away we can support you here when it comes to the Laddomats. He purchased them through us mainly and they were delivered with the containers along with our boilers. This one seems resolved and the other thing worth checking if the fix above doesnt work is to look at the capacitor of the pump motor. The capacitor of the pump motor wouldnt die after standing still over summer though. If the Laddomat or LK has been standing all summer it might happen that they are stuck as experienced above and need some manual movement to start spinning in the beginning of a season. It is actually good to fire once in a while during summer to excercise both the pump and the thermal catridge.

McKraut, just a heads up. I have a laddomat and I replaced the pump with a 120v version. I bought a wilo pump from supplyhouse, unscrewed the motor/impeller form the housing, and screwed it into the laddmat. The motor and impeller are exactly the same, just 120v. So if yours dies you can replace it in a couple of days instead of waiting on one from Europe.

I'm wondering where the capacitor is on the laddomat? Also, is this something that would go out mid burn?

That’s a grundfos 15-58 circ in the laddomat ? The capacitor would be under the circ cover, it’s cylindrical about 3 inches long, sealed at both ends with wires coming out of the ends, it’s maybe 1/2 inch diameter.
If it’s your first burn of the season, the circ impeller might just be stuck.

That’s a grundfos 15-58 circ in the laddomat ? The capacitor would be under the circ cover, it’s cylindrical about 3 inches long, sealed at both ends with wires coming out of the ends, it’s maybe 1/2 inch diameter.
If it’s your first burn of the season, the circ impeller might just be stuck.
Thanks for the reply tcaldwell. I checked the impeller and it's not stuck. The capacitor looks in good shape. My fan isn't turning on either. I'm not sure if it's a grundfos pump. I will check into it.

Erin