laddomatt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huffdawg said:
Can a laddomatt be used without storage.
Does anyone know the price of a laddomatt 21

Sure, if your system is compatible with the boiler circ pump being on the return side then Ladomat provides low return temperature protection integrated with the boiler circ pump

Plus you get a low-resistance check valve that will allow gravity flow when the pump is off, something you may or may not want, but the check valve can be disabled, I believe.

They are reported to cost from USD400 to USD600. I saw mentioned there is such a thing as a Ladomat 21G, which uses a presumably more available Grundfos pump.

May seem like a lot of money, but you get the pump, a $200 thermostatic mixing valve, three isolation ball valves, three unions, three temperature gauges, plus the check valve.

The $600 Termovar 3 would be functionally equivalent. It uses a Grundfos pump.

The only problem I see is you need to be sure the pump is appropriate for how your boiler will fit into your system. The design of the Ladomat and Termovar assume that they will be pumping at high flow rates, through fat pipes, and through fairly short distances to nearby storage.

--ewd

I got my Lado 21G from Zenon for $380.00 + shipping. Zenon says there can be overheating problems & some need to take out the check valve. I never had a minutes problem & it charges my tank perfectly. That said, I've read they are hard to impossible to find, pumps are not available separatly. I would consider the Termovar loading unit for the $600, it seems Bioheat gives great support on their products(Zenon does too,he just doesn't seem to be carrying these anymore). As EWD mentioned either way you get quite a bit for the money over buying separate parts, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.