Lake Region pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet burner

Sep 5, 2009
Central Maine
OK...I already saw the post about these pellets but the post ended up becoming a pissing contest and not a lot of good feedback about the pellets. Does anyone have real world experience with these pellets? I have seen other reviews about them and some say really good and others say huge amounts of ash. Well what is it? If I get some good feedback I will tell you where you can get a free bag to try and buy them for $200 per ton. LOL...I'll tell you anyway....I just haven't had a chance to clean my stove and burn my free bag. The dealer said they had some complaints on these pellets. One person said they wont slide down the hopper and another said they clogged up the auger. I can't wait to try em. Keep ya posted.

Thanks jtakeman.....seems like a lot of ash,moderate heat and some strange leftovers. Still could be worth $200 a ton? My Quad AE burns anything you can throw at it.

Because you have a multifueler you should be OK. But you will be cleaning the ash pan a lot more often. I would try a few bags to see how they burn in your stove before I jumped on a full ton purchase.

Because I also have a multifuel stove, I would buy them if the price was right. But then again, I would burn just about anything anyway. That's why I bought my stove. It will burn just about anything. But I do prefer to put the best pellets I can afford in the hopper. Less work for me overall.

Keep us posted, Maybe they changed there process and improved them. Plus I am always curious as how my test compared to other people's results.

Status
Not open for further replies.