Lake Superior Shoreline

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uper

Feb 5, 2010
Eastern UP, MI
Grand Marais, MI shoreline

Attachments

• 6-19 11 Grand Marais Lake Sup.jpg
    6-19 11 Grand Marais Lake Sup.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 6-19 3 Lake Sup.jpg
    6-19 3 Lake Sup.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 6-19 12 Grand Marais Lake Sup.jpg
    6-19 12 Grand Marais Lake Sup.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 296
Uper said:
Grand Marais, MI shoreline

Uper I've been looking at your pictures you posted they look great, this picture looks like a great place to take a long walk, real peaceful.

Zap

Many folks like to look for agates amongst all the rocks. I still don't know what I'm looking for so I just go for a few nice looking ones to remember the trip. But it is very relaxing out there for me. As you might imagine the breeze coming off the water this time of year usually calls for a jacket to be worn, but Saturday was a beautiful seasonable day, which made it even more enjoyable.

Great pictures Upper

One of these times I am going to have to take a Lake Superior road trip. I made it up to Keweenaw Peninsula snowmobiling once in 95 but that was it. It seems we are working on our place daylight to dark everytime we go up. We usually go to Raber Bay bar for dinner when we are up. We always tip good as they usually have to turn the grill back on for us.

Billy

Yes, I love the Keweenaw! Eagle Harbor, Copper Harbor, Brockway Mountain Drive, The JamPot. Great places to go. I've been over to Raber Bay and eaten there a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed it and the drive is nice. We've seen a lot of deer in the fields out that way. We've also been very busy the last couple of years and have to force ourselves (me really!) to take time away and enjoy this beautiful country we live in. Since my wood is in for 1 1/2 years, I'm going fishing this summer and we're taking some time to drive around MI a little. I'll pick it up in the fall and clean up the downed limbs and some Beech that are starting to decline in a big way around here.

I am having UP withdrawals right now. I haven't been up since the first of the month. Hopefully I can get the truck running right and head up the middle of next week and spend a week or so up there. Trying to talk my brother into bringing his jet ski up and leaving it. My Great Aunt has a place on the lake east of Cedarville where we can take it out and around the islands.

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.