landmann firestarters price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkupcha

Dec 21, 2006
I use firestarters from Landmann. I find they work great and cost about 25 cents each. Has anybody found a good price for them? Amazon had the 24 count bag for $3.99 but shipping was an incredible $9 each!!! Ace hardware had them at $6.99 a bag but I think I can do better. Thanks.

Look at the supercedars right here on this site. Great guy and will send you one to see if you like it.
Chad

Landmann's are 25cents a start. Super cedars are like 4 times that much and larger to store.

banger said:
Landmann's are 25cents a start. Super cedars are like 4 times that much and larger to store.

Most people use only a part of the Super Cedar, say 1/4 or 1/2 of the "puck". I bought 100 @ 60 cents each and use 1/4. So 15 cents per start.

But if you really want Landmann, I'd say the best bet is to buy several packs at Amazon and combine it with something else you want (book, DVD or whatever) to get the order to $25.00. Then shipping is free.

banger said:
Hello Bangor,

The Super Cedar is now scored so it can be broken into quarters. If purchased in the 100 count at $65.00 which includes shipping the cost per fire will be 16.25 cents. Please allow us to send you some samples and do a side by side comparision. I believe you will find the Super Cedar to start faster, burn hotter and cleaner. You will not need any kindling,newspaper or special tending. Just light the edge and walk away!

Thomas

Landmann's appears to be a big company that makes all kinds of stuff, so it makes sense that their starters cost less.
I (personally) like to support small business...plus Thomas' customer service is outstanding!
And...and...you can get little round "hearth.com" labels for the pucks and give em to yer friends!!!

Get some SuperCedars...you won't be disappointed!!

banger said:

You guys beat me back here to post about using 1/4 of the round. I'd support the small guys over big ones IF I can.

Being a Newbie at this wood burning stuff, I received my free samples of the Super Cedar Starters a couple of days ago. Thanks Thomas, I expected one but received a couple.

Used a quarter of one to start my smoker on Sunday. Worked great. It isn't long before I do the first burn in my new wood stove and the Super Cedars will make that a very easy process.

Thanks Thomas. I will be placing an order this week.

Bigguy

Ok..Ok.. you beat me down :) I wrote to Thomas for a trail starter and if they are as good as you say I will be a loyal customer. THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.