Lange 6203BR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lamanyana

Jan 27, 2021
Middlesex, Vermont
Hello -
I am looking for a small-footprint woodstove for a wood-fired sauna (to upgrade a Vogelzang Boxwood we started with because it was free). One of the ones I'm looking at is a Lange 6203BR and I was hoping someone here could answer some questions.

1) Is there anything in particular I should look at when I drive down to see it? The seller has new burn plates and baffle, which seems good.
2) The stove comes with a 90-degree elbow for the flue. Will it work to vent the stove directly up, or is the elbow important to the functioning in some way?

Link for images: https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/details/8773/6203BR/8775.html

Thanks!
Michael

Last edited:
Hello -
I am looking for a small-footprint woodstove for a wood-fired sauna (to upgrade a Vogelzang Boxwood we started with because it was free). One of the ones I'm looking at is a Lange 6203BR and I was hoping someone here could answer some questions.

1) Is there anything in particular I should look at when I drive down to see it? The seller has new burn plates and baffle, which seems good.
2) The stove comes with a 90-degree elbow for the flue. Will it work to vent the stove directly up, or is the elbow important to the functioning in some way?

Link for images: https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/details/8773/6203BR/8775.html

Thanks!
Michael

So im in Vermont as well, and may have a couple stoves that may work for what you want. Im in northern VT, but feel free to shoot me a message on here. I would also love to check out that Lange if you get it, thats a neat model I havnt played with before.

Lange made great stoves. Is this the green enamel model on eBay? It will work fine vented straight up. Just be sure to shield properly to get the clearances down and install safely.

Last edited: