1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    The new stove has been installed and is awaiting it's first break in fire.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    I love Lange stoves. Beautiful castings and I remember the doors where ground to fit so well they didn't need gaskets. They haven't been available in the US since the EPA regulations went into effect and not sure if the company is still in business I believe in Denmark.
  3. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    I am on my third "break in fire" and the door does fit perfectly. My old Morso must have had a slightly askwed door, as I could always see a bit of light around it. I do miss the little flap that the morso had above the door that kept smoke from leaving the stove. The lange is a bit smokey when you open the door. I am hoping that it will not do that once a good fire is burning.
  4. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    This goes for any woodstove, but first make sure your chimney and especially the spark arrestor screen in your chimney cap is clean. Before you open the door, open up the air control or crack the door for 30 seconds to send some heat up the chimney to get a good draft going. This helps keep smoke from coming out when you reload the stove with wood.