Lange 6303 bought,teardown,rebuild.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lisaf

Jun 7, 2017
Nh
12pc teardown. 4 legs, bolts 5/16-18,3/4l,washers,no nuts. Torched off,tapped out ,new replacement bolts. 3 threaded rods replaced with 2 3ftrs 5/16,washers,nuts. With one orig threaded rod heated to bend hook,cut new rod to length. Wire wheeled old cement from seams 6pcs. light wire wheel touches to leg top/bottoms,bottom inner plate,door hinge/pins,latch. Oil up bolts on the vent wheels to get spinning.

0617171709.jpg 0612171546a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: defiant3
Lisa that is awesome! I always have trouble assembling the upper section on those. It isn't all that hard really I guess, I just never get it on the 1st try and I end up with furnace cement all over everything. The stove looks grest in the end and I look I was in the wrong place when the furnace cement factory blew up. Enjoy the project and the heat!!

Well my series of pics to post hasnt happened. Spent 12hrs of error fail , don't know why first pic ok..second ok.. Yeah well no to the next and on..
I'll try for one now and move to laptop try to finish up posting if no.
Getting ahead of pics/build for stove but it is cemented,together,washed down dried, vege oiled.
Test burn/cure.

Well my series of pics to post hasnt happened. Spent 12hrs of error fail , don't know why first pic ok..second ok.. Yeah well no to the next and on..
I'll try for one now and move to laptop try to finish up posting if no.
Getting ahead of pics/build for stove but it is cemented,together,washed down dried, vege oiled.
Test burn/cure.
Maybe the image size was too large? Here are some tips for posting pictures to the forums.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/putting-images-into-your-forums-posts.87212/

Looks great. Before the stove is fired up you will need to move the adjacent table away. This stove is highly radiant and throws off a lot of side heat.

Yes it's in summer time work area right now/season, no fires . til area reworked for winter and summertime things winterized and moved away from stove area.

36x52 type 2 pad Had a waterford 100b pulled off the pad for the Lange to go in, removed severe rain storm and creosote spatter spot on it to clean up bottom pad. After total rebuild of Lange I didn't want it to get, a storm going through, wet so , call me anxious(more like no space available inside for two stoves. One out one in. The back has another faux brick and side wall little narrower pad solid type 2. Funny one pad cost me way back when 4times the cost of the yard sale Lange 6303 25 buck buy. Not to mention 2more pads,stove piping interior/ selkrit exterior and...