Lange stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitufo

Dec 23, 2014
Oregon philomath
I have a green L-Lange & Co stove with a model number 6302-3 RJ on the bottom. I am getting ready to install it in my wood shop/man cave, and was curious if anyone knew the setbacks from the wall or where I could find them. If not, how far should I keep it from the wall as a general rule of thumb?

Welcome. Unless there is a UL plate on the back of the stove that specifies differently, the clearances for an unlisted stove are 36" to combustibles, in all directions. The wall clearance can be reduced with a NFPA211 wall shield behind the stove.With a ventilated non-combustible shield they can be reduced to 12". Note that single-wall pipe has an 18" clearance requirement so it too may need shielding or switch to double-wall stove connector pipe.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

Status
Not open for further replies.