Large NON EPA Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I have had no luck with my epa englander 30 even after many hours of help form Mike who has been very very helpful with my situation.

I am now looking for a non epa stove a new one. I need something that is jsut as large or close to the englander 30 in size but is non epa.

I am not going to try another epa stove with different brand for fear of same results has just been a nightmare with this thing so far.

Let me know if anyone knows of a non epa stove that is this large.

With so many large pre-EPA chokers available used on craigslist it makes no sense to go looking for a new one.

Hey BB have any in mind that are as big as the 30? Its either I find one or I am getting the englander furnace.

Let me know of a brand and name thanks.

I was prefering new that way I know it wasnt abused.

No offense intented, but EPA stoves are heating lots of homes...the fact that it's an EPA stove is not your problem.

What about the vogelzang mountaineer does not have as big a firebox not sure the size but it boast more btus than the englander30.

We had a terrible time with a non airtight stove, even though it had almost a 7 cubic foot firebox.

My relatives have a Garrison, and I have seen a large Fisher, both work well.

What specific problems are you having?

Status
Not open for further replies.