large stove with cook top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PE summit series / T6 would be my 1st choice (obviously, see my sig), but also check LOPI, and the Jotul Oslo w/ optional griddle... For ultimate in cooking surfaces, see Harman TL300 or Oakwood: cook tops, optional grill attatchment, optional rotissere attatchment (w/ an electric spit!), the ultimate in a cookable woodstove that is not a cookstove.

Any big honkin step top steel stove. Gives you two surfaces with two different temps for frying the bacon and baking the biscuits. A Lopi Liberty looks about as wide as a Kenmore range.

We had great breakfasts for four days while the power was out and they came off the top of our 30-NC.

If I had room for such an install, it would be the big PE T6 Alderlea with the wings, or the Harmon Oakwood which is about like a big fancy grill that heats your house, by the time you look at all the attachments. Our local dealer has both and we looked at them hard. But we figure the most we would really do is roasts and stews/soups, and we think just about any of them will do that sort of cooking fine. (so far two venison roasts and one beef stew agree) If I wanted a cook stove that also did heat, We would probably do the Deva100 from Hearthstone, or the one from Australia, the Baker's oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.