1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Last Bag of Somersets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mmckee83, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mmckee83

mmckee83 Member

It was a sad morning, before heading to work I put the last bag of Somersets in the hopper:(. 1 Ton of Cheat Rivers left, hopefully this will take us down the home stretch to the warm weather. We have used 1 ton of Cheat Rivers and 1.5 Tons of Somersets since Halloween and that is running pretty much 24/7, according to my calculations it will be close. I hope that the days will start warming up and we can switch to only having to run it at night or switch to the thermostat at least.

Oh yea and that is a big 0 gallons of oil used for heating this year.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

So 2.5 tons.....not too bad. It would be interesting to know where you're located, since you don't have it listed in your avatar info box.
    The Ds likes this.
  3. mmckee83

mmckee83 Member

Yea, I guess that I could add it to my avatar. I am in Upstate NY
  4. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    Yeah...I heard they aren't shipping anymore Somersets east of Ohio. We're all glad you East Coast guys got to give our Sets' a try, but from now on we'll keep them in the Midwest. ::-)
  5. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    Price on these puppies just went up :p 1224120029.jpg
    DexterDay likes this.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Thats a sad story :(

But as Jrsdws says, I prefer the Sets to stay close to home.

I have only burned about 6 bags of Sets this year. Been hoarding them.
  7. Lower bucks

Lower bucks New Member

I have burned my 3 tons already now I go and buy 6 to 8 bags every couple of days for where you are located I am surprised you burnt so little.I burn 2 bags every 24 hours at $4 a bag thats $8 per day or $56 a week or $224 a month still way cheaper than dino juice.I am in Bucks Co PA you if you are upstate NY I am surprised you are under 4 Ton
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Who are you quoting?

I only burned a few bags, because thats all I wanted to burn. I have almost 5 ton sitting and waiting for the Hoppa. But the Sets are being saved and on standby! LOL ;)
  9. imacman

imacman Guest

Not bad usage for upstate....been a lot colder than here. I went through 2.6 as of today.