Last of the Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I did some digging under some nice sugar maple to get the rest of the cherry, split two more loads then finished up the stacking, .61 of a cord per stack. Looks like I'll finish the last stack when I cut the cherry, we have five that are semi hung up and two that are down so that should more then fill the last stack. The last picture is what is left of the second load.

After tonight I'll be getting the other stacking area ready for the beech and sugar maple.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3750.jpg
    100_3750.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_3751.jpg
    100_3751.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 100_3752.jpg
    100_3752.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 217
I'd have thought by now your woods would be all cleaned up.
Got to be looking better than a year ago with all the wood you've hauled in. :)
Bye the way::: Very nice stack of wood!!

bogydave said:
I'd have thought by now your woods would be all cleaned up.
Got to be looking better than a year ago with all the wood you've hauled in. :)
Bye the way::: Very nice stack of wood!!

Bogydave, I have less because we sold just over four cord. I should have close to 1.5 cord of beech & sugar maple that needs splitting & stacking plus we did away with one area that held two cord for plowing reasons in the winter.

Plenty of Cherry that should give us another 2-3 cord and I need to drop 3 nice size beech, have a bunch of smaller beech coming up around these bigger beech.

Zap

If you have so much you're selling it, I guess you have plenty drying for you. LOL :)

The center pic, of the stack is just a pretty stack of wood. Cherry?

bogydave said:
If you have so much you're selling it, I guess you have plenty drying for you. LOL :)

The center pic, of the stack is just a pretty stack of wood. Cherry?

Cherry it is Bogydave. Sold it to the man that we bought all our property from.

zap

Zap is a very fortunate man to have such a good variety of wood to choose from. His tough part sometimes is the hills and snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.