1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Last of the Cherry

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by thewoodlands, Aug 25, 2011.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

I did some digging under some nice sugar maple to get the rest of the cherry, split two more loads then finished up the stacking, .61 of a cord per stack. Looks like I'll finish the last stack when I cut the cherry, we have five that are semi hung up and two that are down so that should more then fill the last stack. The last picture is what is left of the second load.

After tonight I'll be getting the other stacking area ready for the beech and sugar maple.

zap

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    I'd have thought by now your woods would be all cleaned up.
    Got to be looking better than a year ago with all the wood you've hauled in. :)
    Bye the way::: Very nice stack of wood!!
  3. thewoodlands

Bogydave, I have less because we sold just over four cord. I should have close to 1.5 cord of beech & sugar maple that needs splitting & stacking plus we did away with one area that held two cord for plowing reasons in the winter.

Plenty of Cherry that should give us another 2-3 cord and I need to drop 3 nice size beech, have a bunch of smaller beech coming up around these bigger beech.

Zap
  4. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    If you have so much you're selling it, I guess you have plenty drying for you. LOL :)

The center pic, of the stack is just a pretty stack of wood. Cherry?
  5. thewoodlands

Cherry it is Bogydave. Sold it to the man that we bought all our property from.

zap
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Zap is a very fortunate man to have such a good variety of wood to choose from. His tough part sometimes is the hills and snow.